Just 6 days to go before ONE OK ROCK comes to Manila, rocks the house down and makes airwaves in all media outfits in the country and in the region. Twitter and Facebook are now on high alert and woah woah woah! I am so excited!!!! I have to admit I am nervous, excited, elated, and all these conflicting emotions. This is going to be my first major concert and I have to say, my first major foray into a big project. Details will be announced soon. Sigh, ONE OK ROCK, I love you guys so much.
ONE OK ROCK’s first concert here in the country is undoubtedly going to make airwaves once it hits home and for those who havent’ bought tickets yet, you guys should do so because catching this band in Japan is very very difficult unless you are willing to pay high tickets out for auction and join in the Primal Footmark Pre-ticket sales events.
For those who have bought tickets, here are some things you guys should consider as concert goers on January 19. As you guys did see in my previous entries, I studied the lives. Now, lets study how the fans in Japan show their love for ONE OK ROCK that i hope everyone would try to emulate in respect to the music, the band and your fellow concert goers alike.
From all six shows I studied, here are some of the common trends in Japanese ONE OK ROCK concert goers.
- Fans, especially those in the front row, don’t raise their phones or cameras while the band performs. They listen to it, get in the zone. Sure, some of them would take one or two shots, but thats about it.
- Most, if not all, are wearing the official shirts or have the official ballers for the tour, showing their love to ONE OK ROCK. According to some of my interviewees for the Fans on ONE OK ROCK: The Interviews, the band does love it when they see their fans support them even with their shirts
- Active participation from the fans, especially when the band performs tracks like Be the Light, Lets Take it Someday, Answer is Near and Deeper, Deeper. In MLF, even those from the upper seats would jump for Lets Take it Someday
- Fans wait patiently as they get in, they are not “rushing” to get into their places and for those in the VIP areas (those close to the stage, usually these are the PF holders), they don’t press closer to one another like sardines just to get close to the stage. Spaces are clearly visible to allow all fans some breathing space and if there will be slammin’ in the moshpit (as seen in the Blu-Ray version of MLF), there is still space to make sure others don’t get hurt.
- No banners for the Japanese concerts. If there were some, it wasn’t blocking someone’s view. I think I saw some in the Zankyo Reference Tour but I’ll have to review it.
Chrissy Costanza of Against the Current also mirrored these observations when ATC performed with ONE OK ROCK for Day 1 of the Makuhari Messe leg of the 35xxxv Japan Tour. (Note: If Chrissy does see this, I love her so much!! Hope she and Taka do another duet, Dreaming Alone was just complete love! I wanted to watch the Makuhari Messe concert just to see Dreaming Alone live but due to some personal issues, I wasn’t able to! I will watch that live in the future!)
At the One Ok Rock show, I barely saw any phones. Everyone was just living in the moment and that was the most amazing thing.
— Chrissy Costanza (@ChrissyCostanza) September 13, 2015
There was a moment where Taka sang without a mic and the whole room was dead silent and his voice carried across the entire room
— Chrissy Costanza (@ChrissyCostanza) September 13, 2015
Considering these observations, I do hope (and I guess also the organizers’ hopes) that we will be able to make this concert successful and organized just like the Japanese shows. Since this is ONE OK ROCK’s first concert here, we have to make an impression! Hopefully once they see that we are orderly and rock on like their fans worldwide, we will be seeing them again in their next world tour with a bigger crowd (maybe even fill MoA Arena and get a day 2 just like in Taiwan!).
I know that the Philippines’ ONE OK ROCK fan group is working on creating a special thank you for the band for the concert. If you wish to find out what it is, you can join the Philippines’ ONE OK ROCK Facebook group and find out. Please wait for the approval of the admins before you can start posting away!
Amuse Asia has also posted this reminder back in 2013 which will still be followed for the Asia Tour.
Dear all ONE OK ROCK fans in South East Asia,
We have just been aware that a number of Malaysia fans are gathering together to distribute massive amount of LIGHT STICKS for use in ONE OK ROCK concert.
We would first like to thank you for your continuing passionate support and love for ONE OK ROCK.
But unfortunately, light sticks are prohibited at ONE OK ROCK concerts. This is due to for the show lights that ONE OK ROCK specially designed for the show and especially designed for the fans to enjoy. There can not be any light sticks or light devices
interfering with the lighting program during the show.
Any kind of light sticks and light devices will be strictly prohibited from the venue. ONE OK ROCK members and their crew will be extremely disappointed if they are not able to give to the fans the show that they specially designed for the fans.
We will make sure that your passion, love and support will reach ONE OK ROCK. But, there will be no light sticks allowed, this is a direct request from the OOR members.
This applies for the entire World Tour of ONE OK ROCK with no exceptions for any countries or shows. We hope for your understanding on this matter.
Thank you for your cooperation.
AMUSE INC. SINGAPORE
Tickets to ONE OK ROCK “The 2016 35XXXV Asia Tour”: Live in Manila is still available through SM Tickets branches nationwide or SM Tickets Online. You can also call SM Tickets at 420-2222. Please only purchase your tickets in SM Tickets and not through scalpers! There are still tickets left but don’t wait till the last hour because this will sell like pancakes come D-Day!
This extraordinarily rare event is brought to us by PULP Live World, 28 Black and Amuse Asia Inc. Event partners also include Monster Radio RX 93.1, MYX, The Philippine Star, Astroplus, Odyssey Music Video, Pulp Magazine, G/ST and SM Mall of Asia Arena.
For more details for this event, visit either http://pulpliveworld.com/shows/2016/one-ok-rock
For show updates, follow @PULPLiveWorld on Twitter or through Facebook page. Of course, you can also follow this blog and its’ official Twitter feed @oneistoinfinity for updates!
LET’S MAKE SOME NOISE MANILA!!!! 6 DAYS TO HISTORY!