Mei is here again for some infomercials for ONE OK ROCK Live in Manila! We’re getting close and the hype that is brewing is becoming imminent everywhere! As the tickets slowly fade away, everything is becoming clear… they are indeed coming to Manila!
But before we all do that, lets learn more about ONE OK ROCK. I have given you guys a jist of their history and their albums, but who are the members? For this round of the profiles, lets learn more about this mysterious but very quirky ONE OK ROCK drummer! I have to admit this one was quite tricky to do since Tomo-chin’s profile is quite scarce online but I delivered!
Thanks to ONE OK ROCK fans unite, ONE OK ROCK wikia, Tomoya Kanki’s Facebook Unofficial Fan Page and Tumblr land for the tidbits! And thanks to Rin for Tomoya’s sketch here and Cath of Philippines’ ONE OK ROCKers for helping me with Kan-chan’s profile!
Name: Tomoya Kanki
Birth Place: Hyogo
Birthday: June 27, 1987
Blood Type: B
Height: 168 cm
Favorite Place: where you can bring the interest to a boil
Least Favorite: where the tension is unbearable
My Boom: table tennis, Go
First CD Bought: GLAY’s Dango-san Kyoudai
Favorite Drummer: Yamaguchi-san from RADWIMPS
- He was originally the drummer for the indie albums of ONE OK ROCK before joining in 2007, replacing Tomo
- He came from ESP Musical Academy
- He updates ONE OK ROCK’s blog
- He’s the oldest member of ONE OK ROCK.
- He is often seen hanging out with Ryota even outside their tours or lives.
- He is also the most bullied member of ONE OK ROCK by either Taka or Toru (or both), but he says it is all cool.
- He joined ONE OK ROCK because it was cool
- When he was a child, his childhood dream was to be a baseball player
- His nickname is kan-chan
- He often says “ah?!” a lot
- He says he is quite good with concentrating on things.
- He compares himself as a turtle
- He hates bugs
- When in karaoke bars, he sings ‘Mikan no Uta’
- He often visits ONE OK ROCK’s official site
- When asked about the moment when he has his genius moment, he says its the time he thinks of something good.
- When asked about how audiences see him, he often says he is a bright type of person.
- His type of girl is someone who is fun and if they try their best on something.
- Secret skill in love = eh….
- Favorite saying: steady progress, rapid advance
- When he retires, he wants to be playing go.
- He is a manga otaku, his collections include HUNTER X HUNTER, Digimon, Vagabond, Slamdunk and Akagi.
- In terms of food, he likes crepes
- When touring, he has to have his PSP
- When asked about his jinx, it is the proper way on holding drumsticks so he always practices before the gig.
- On a rainy day, he would rent movies, read books or watch YouTube cliops
- He drinks Red Bull, nutritional energy drinks and soda
- In one interview, he said he fell in love with music on junior high and he learnt about ONE OK ROCK when he moved to Tokyo. Originally, he did not want to join the band due to his membership to another band. He did give it a try after speaking to his former bandmates and they were supportive over his attempt to try ONE OK ROCK.
- When Taka, Ryota, Toru and Alex first met Tomoya, they all said Tomoya walked as if he was lost. Admittedly, Tomoya had recently moved into Tokyo and confessed he did think Tokyo is scary
Ready to drum to the beat of Tomoya’s drums and join the rest of the crowd? If you are ready to rock it out with us and ONE OK ROCK, tickets to ONE OK ROCK “The 2016 35xxxv Asia Tour” Live in Manila is still available at all SM Tickets branches nationwide. You can also check out SM Tickets Online or you can also call SM Tickets at 420-2222. Just a couple more tickets are still up for grabs and its slowly fading away!
This super cool event is brought to us by PULP Live World, 28 Black and Amuse Asia Inc. Event partners also include Monster Radio RX 93.1, MYX, The Philippine Star, Astroplus, Odyssey Music Video, Pulp Magazine, G/ST and SM Mall of Asia Arena.
For more details for this event, visit either http://pulpliveworld.com/shows/2016/one-ok-rock
For show updates, follow @PULPLiveWorld on Twitter or through its Facebook page. Of course, you can also follow this blog and its’ official Twitter feed @oneistoinfinity for updates!
Just a few more days left! WOAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!