Yo minna-san tachi!
We’re almost close to the end zone with just a couple of days more before ONE OK ROCK takes center stage for their first major concert in the Philippine Isles! Tickets are still available for this historical moment, but its not that much! *yes, we’re almost close to the end*
So… we’ved talked about their history, the band member profiles, the song possibilities for the concert, spoke to the fans and the people behind this event. Now, let’s see if we can determine some trends we can expect on January 19. While ONE OK ROCK does do their same level of performance and they always show something new in each live, there are some things that the band will do that you can expect per live performance.
Apologies in advance if some fan squealing occurs in each point! Hahahaha!
- New looks – Each time the band goes on tour or a major live, they do change their hair colors and styles. Notable examples to this are Tomoya’s midori hair for Mighty Long Fall in Yokohama Stadium and even in the 35XXXV Europe Tour, Toru’s brown/red highlights for the US and Europe 35XXXV Tour, Ryota’s short blond hair and Taka’s changing hair schemes for the entire 35XXXV Tour in Japan and the US/Europe Tour (from green to the current light brown). Currently, as seen in their IG accounts, they are indeed sporting new hair styles and colors.
- Large stage = enough for those moments where Taka dances around to give us a good show (or for his jumps)and Ryota to do his backflips when he has time. LOL!
- Lights and effect shows – From their first to their recent, ONE OK ROCK has amazed their fans with the Vfx, explosions, flames and lights to keep fans in the zone as band sings their greatest hits! Expect some of these in MoA Arena and more! (personally waiting for the Vfx for Clock Strikes, Be the Light and Deeper Deeper)
- ONE OK ROCK + Fan Interactions (MC time)- I know many of my fellow fans would love this. From the simple jumps from the songs Let’s Take it Someday, the chants for Answer is Near to the unison lights for Be the Light; expect it! MC time with the band will also be something to expect. As I watched the documentary film for JinseixKimi=, the band will take time to listen to fans and talk to them. One luckily got Taka to sing him a birthday song. In MLF, Taka even got to go up close with the fans after singing Kanzen Kankaku Dreamer. According to one of my interviewees Mishel, the band would even have a mini-cannon to deliver shirts to the fans
- Introduction time – Hopefully we get the band to speak in Filipino since they did speak in native languages in their first tour overseas! Kamusta! Kami ang ONE OK ROCK!
- Leader Time – Toru fangirls will definitely enjoy this as Toru will and will have his moments for the instrumental, alongside Ryota and Tomoya.
- Ryo-Tomo moments – Ah, this one is hopefully something to wait for as Ryota and Tomoya will cheer you up with their greetings. This is seen in several instances such as Fool Cool Rock’s coverage of the Who we are? Tour and Mighty Long Fall in Yokohama Stadium.
- Ryota-Toru faceoff – Ah, if you notice this in MLF, JinseixKimi= and even 35XXXV, those two will go to the center stage and face off with their awesome rifts.
- Shirtless Ryota – For Ryota’s admirers, yes, this happens! Since 2012
- Taka jump! – Crowd screams wild each time he does his jumps so if you will try to catch that moment, be ready since he does this in a surprising way!
- ENCORE – Three songs have always been the max for ONE OK ROCK’s encore performances as seen in Zankyou Reference Tour, JinseixKimi=, Mighty Long Fall in Yokohama Stadium and 35xxxv Japan Tour. But Manila may likely get more (lets hope soooo!)
Getting excited with these expectations minna? I know I am. But of course, if we expect ONE OK ROCK to do all these things above, they also have big expectations from us so we must show them that Filipino fans are also one of their best fans they have. So whatever goes on January 19, lets show them our love minna!
Tickets to ONE OK ROCK “35XXXV Asia Tour”: Live in Manila 2016 are still available through SM Tickets branches nationwide or SM Tickets Online. You can also call SM Tickets at 420-2222. Please only purchase your tickets in SM Tickets and not through scalpers! Tickets are selling like pancakes so get your tickets now!
This super cool event is brought to us by PULP Live World, 28 Black and Amuse Asia Inc. Event partners also include Monster Radio RX 93.1, MYX, The Philippine Star, Astroplus, Odyssey Music Video, Pulp Magazine, G/ST and SM Mall of Asia Arena.
For more details for this event, visit either http://pulpliveworld.com/shows/2016/one-ok-rock
For show updates, follow @PULPLiveWorld on Twitter or through its Facebook page. Of course, you can also follow this blog and its’ official Twitter feed @oneistoinfinity for updates!
Clock is ticking tick tick tick, so what are you waiting for? We’re close to D-Day when ONE OK ROCK finally makes way to Manila! T-minus 6 days!